Cauliflower Rice Salad with Dukkah and Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 whole cauliflower (trimmed and cut into large florets)
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces greek yogurt (or labneh)
- To make the Dukkah, place sesame seeds in a dry frying pan and heat over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and golden. Transfer to a plate. Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and almonds into the same pan and continue toasting for 2 minutes (shake pan regularly to prevent burning) or until fragrant and almonds are lightly toasted. Add to sesame seeds and cool completely.
- Attach multipurpose blade to KitchenAid® 7-Cup Food Processor. Add toasted spices and almonds to work bowl and pulse until finely chopped. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Attach clean work bowl and multipurpose blade to food processor and add half of cauliflower. Pulse until cauliflower is the size of a grain of rice. Transfer to a large salad bowl and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Toss with currents and green onions and mix well.
- Add mint to work bowl and coarsely chop on low. Mix into salad along with ¾ of the cooled Dukkah. Add garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and oil to work bowl. Pulse 5 to 6 times to blend. Drizzle over salad and toss well. Serve immediately topped with a dollop of yogurt and remaining Dukkah.