Pork Fillet Potjiekos
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Ludo Lefebvre & Neo Nontso.
- 2 pounds pork fillet (loin)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 potatoes (peeled & cut into bite size chunks)
- 4 carrots (peeled and thickly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- sugar (to taste)
- fresh coriander (for garnish, optional)
- Cut the pork fillet/loin into bite size pieces.
- Lightly season the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast iron pot, add about two tablespoons of oil. Place the pot onto a stove on high heat.